To make your yeast starter, two or three days before brewing day gather:
- Glass jug - one quart to a gallon is fine. I use a growler from my local brewpub.
- Dry Malt Extract - light/dark doesn't matter. There won't be enough to affect your final brew.
- Small sauce pan and lid
- Rubber Stopper that fits your glass jug
- Sanitizer - I use One Step
- Small Thermometer - Candy thermometer is perfect
If you need anything listed here you can find some fine homebrew supply shops on my homebrewing resources page