The Basics of Beer
Did you know that all beer is either a lager or an ale? This is the most important distinction of beer and all beer styles fall into one of these two categories.
Humans have been making beer for longer than recorded history. Some historians even claim that the needs of beer production led to the first human settlements when nomadic hunters had to stay in one place to watch their grain crops. Beer and humanity have been inseparable since.
- Beer In Recent American History - An Interview With Historian Maureen Ogle
- The History of the Beer Can
Of all the nations and cultures of the world none other have the reputation for knowing beer like the Germans.
For perfectly balanced ales and a long, reverent history with beer look no further that the British Isles.
- Pale Ale Beer Style Profile
- Introduction to Sub-Styles of Stout
- A Book About Pub Names by Elaine Saunders
Expand Your Knowledge
The best way to start to get to know all of the different styles of beer is to just jump in and start tasting.